Cookies in use on this site
Cookies and how they benefit you
My cookies help me:
- Make my website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during visits (e.g. language change)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve my website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission [e.g. the form on my Contact page])
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below.
More about my cookies
Website function cookies
My own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use this, and others, functionality.
Third party functions
My site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of mine’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with anti-spyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.